<![CDATA[California]]><![CDATA[Crime]]><![CDATA[Islam]]><![CDATA[Mass Shooting]]>Featured

Alleged Gunmen in San Diego Mosque Attack Identified – RedState

RedState reported earlier on a mass shooting that took place at the Islamic Center of San Diego on Monday, just before noon Pacific time, which left three dead.

In addition to the three victims, which included a security guard at the mosque who reportedly “played a pivotal role” in saving lives, the two alleged gunmen, said to be teenagers, were also found dead in a nearby vehicle located by police. Investigators believe the two died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds.





We’re learning new information on Monday evening about the two suspects, including their names and possible motivations:

The alleged gunmen in a shooting rampage that left three people dead outside a San Diego mosque have been identified as 17-year-old Cain Clark and 18-year-old Caleb Velasquez, according to a law enforcement source.

At least one of the suspects took a weapon from their parent’s home, and left a suicide note that talked about racial pride, a law enforcement source told The Post. Clark attended Madison High School and was a standout wrestler, according to the school’s social media page.

Clark and Vazquez were found dead inside a BMW from self-inflicted gunshot wounds only a few blocks from the Islamic Center of San Diego. Anti-Islamic writings were found in the suspect’s vehicle and “hate speech” was written on the firearms used in the shooting, according to the source.

Police revealed that around 9:42 a.m. they had received a call of a runaway juvenile from a concerned mother. After speaking with the mom, police began to elevate the threat level the individual posed to the community.

“There was definitely hate rhetoric involved,” San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl told reporters.





This is a developing story. Stay tuned to RedState for updates.







Source link